Sunday, February 18, 2007

Just for you!!!!

I sat in the flight, feeling bad for having chided her and making her cry

Though she had traveled half a thousand mile just to say goodbye

I could not imagine how I could manage without having her near,

A couple of days was OK, but how could I for one whole year?


On a chill Saturday night, I got down in an alien land,

With a heavy heart and two big suitcases in hand.

Suddenly I felt the warmth amidst persisting snow showers

My lady love had sent me a bunch of wonderful flowers.


She really knows how to cheer me up, how to spring up a surprise,

I feel so special because of her, feel she is my coveted prize.

The bouquet gave me a reassurance, told me that she is here

Relieved I was and felt better, knew that now I had nothing to fear.


Made sure I wore the best dress and had goodies in my baggage,

She shopped for me, got me gifts and packed every inch of my luggage.

I don’t know how to thank her for everything, how to let her know what I feel

Sometimes I fail to do so but I realize my mistake before the clock turns a wheel


Her gifts are precious, the artistic diary and the cute mouse pad,

She is so sweet & thoughtful, indeed the best partner I could have ever had

She wakes up early in the morning and stays back late in the night

Just to talk to me she does all this and I feel shameful that I sometimes fight.


Hope she liked what I gave and it brought to her face that radiant smile,

I hope you like this too Di, you know I am no poet, this is just a trial.

I wanna always keep you happy and that’s what in God I shall pray

This is an earnest effort from me & my way of saying HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amitha said...

hey! an honest effort never goes unappreciated!! not bad man...keep going!! [:P]

3:37 PM  
Blogger Divya said...

Hmmmmmm........!!!!!! Not Bad!!!!!

10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home